1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finally a day off.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nickslawn, Jun 10, 2007.

1. nickslawn

nickslawn LawnSite Member

This last Thursday right about noon I was having mulch loaded into my trailer, just like I have always done, When he finished I walked up to the bobcat to pay the guy. Thats when the bobcat lost hydro pressure in the scoop lines and landed on 2 of my twos. It throw me at least a day behind. Plus Im still having to see a orthopedic surgen for the next several weeks. It crushed 1/2 of the big toe and the tip of the 2nd toe. how painful it was. Today is the first day I have had off since the day in the ER. Can't afford to miss the work and possibly lose customers in this cut thoat market here.

2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

This is the very reason I am happy I started hiring people. Oooch....hope you get well soon....

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Damn, that had to hurt. What are the chances of something like that happening :dizzy:

4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Ouch! Now would be a good time for steel tipped boots.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Might want to think about a claim.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Actually, the morning before he got his toes crushed would have been a good time to start wearing steel-toe boots.:laugh:

That sucks though. I was just reading somewhere about safety stuff. There was a bit of info saying you never know when equipment can lose hydraulic pressure. I was thinking, Yeah Right, I have been around hydraulics a lot and have never seen it happen. Well, I guess it does happen.
    That is why you do not use a loader as a personnel lift.