Finally a day off!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by larryinalabama, Jun 30, 2013.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

After 13 days in a row, most of them hard days I have a day off. Don't think much will get done around the house today.

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You'll put yourself 6' under if you keep that up. Hire more help for the season!

3. larryinalabama

Funny thing I just got a call someone wanting me to work today, I had to say no.

I guess the bright side is Ill have a little money to play with this "winter"

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I was just thinking same thing Day off and I'm bored Thinking going do something at the shop but wife said no

5. larryinalabama

Ive gotta grind the blades on 3 mowers, and Im surveying the home front jungle.

Still a touch early for a beer :drinkup:

6. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, took today off, going to chill and probably load up a trailer for tomorrow. With decent weather coming really looking forward to work next week. And waiting for the forum that will start are you working the 4th of July.:dizzy::laugh:

7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

The thread is up. I haven't had a day off since april.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I've worked a good three weeks straight. I'm sick of it. Even though I could have worked today, I took it off. I don't care anymore, the lawns can wait. My problem is my helper left me for some other job and I haven't found a replacement worth hiring yet!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. larryinalabama

Money is nice, but what good is it if you cant enjoy it every now and then.

10. larryinalabama

One of these years I plan too slow down, even if I get poor. I enjoy my business but the stress on the old body adds up.