Finally, a foreigner for a customer.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 23, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Today I was finishing up three lawns that I cut right next to each other. Then this guy in a cab pulls up and asks me if I can cut his lawn. He asks how much I charge. I said I would have to look at it. He said come on how much? (these are easy small lawns). I said $30. He said okay, you come right now. I said, no tomorrow because I have others to do ahead of you and you are a new customer. Well anyway he wanted it done today so I went over there and did it. This guy looked like an indian(india) and armenian. He said do it every two weeks after this and I'll give you $25. I said whatever but this time it's thirty because there was a lot of extra trimming and edging. Well I finish the job and he hands me 25. I said, what happened to 30? He said ah come on 25. I said, I did all this extra edging and stuff and you would be cheating me because we agreed on 30. So he gets my drift and hands me the extra five. Also he gave my dad working with me a four dollar tip. Nice guy. Anyway he wants me to do it now regulary for 25 which I'm okay with now. Also he wants me to teach his daughter to play piano because we got to talking and I told him I'm a jazz pianist. So this guy turned out to be not so bad. It's just you can't take their "crap" when it comes to jewing you down. So I guess it's cool my first foreign customer named "joe".

2. OhLawnGuy

OhLawnGuy LawnSite Member

I'm not sure I would be able to unload my mower for thirty bucks....
  3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Really. You got a good deal at $25, while your established customers are paying 30? This guy will bargain with you everytime. Before you know it you will be giving free piano lessons and paying him to mow his lawn all cause he is a nice guy. Good luck with that one.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda give us an idea why not......Ohio is a depressed area without jobs according to the dem candidates.
  5. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

you deserve it...... "Jewing" ???

nice real nice...........
  6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Not too politically correct, maybe apologize and reword your post a little. That said I'm gonna sit back and watch the S---storm that erupts.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats probably the best advice.
  8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Politically correct? I try to stay as politically INCORECT as possible. Anyway I got a foreign customer. I will watch him close and make sure he stays honest. If not I'm gone. Simple as that.
  9. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

And I wonder why my faith in humanity is waning.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

You got to be politically correct to a certain extent because you really will offend some people. People look at me weird when I talk to them about the Lord but I dont give a crap because the Lord is the reason im successful so I do agree with you about being politically incorrect but BE CAREFUL who you say it too. Trust me.