Finally a nice rain

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Mike33, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure everyone is getting rain today, hope no one is in any danger. Here in western Md. today is the first rain day i had off since may. We started this morning and still now at 9:00 pm a nice steady rain. Maybe some of the yards i installed earlier will come around and make me look good. Mother nature can sure make us look like heroes or goats.
    Mike

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I am in northern Jersey and since April i have lost so many work days due to rain it makes me sick!!

Heck i lost friday, saturday, and tues, and now tomorrow.

Matt

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

3-5 inchs expected through tomorrow night but when that all pools up it can make for some swamps and covered roads

4. Mike33

we dont know what green grass actually looks like around here any more. We were supposed to be in the 5-10" window but i think the mountains broke it up. The last 2 months i was talking to 2 guys who owns lawn care business said they started cutting fire wood.
    Mike

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

i'll maybe have to overseed a yard again but the rain is very much needed!

6. Mike33

What is your weather like? I was supposed to go to my mothers in the morning to finish moving her in Falls Church.
    Mike

7. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm actually back home in Danville this weekend (southern VA)

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

It hasn't rained since april here.

Yesterday: 0.00 inches
    This month: 0.00
    This year: 4.98

From our weather station.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

okay rain was nice, now its screwing me up..........if only it would rain from 9pm until say 2am with a nice steady/easy fall 2-3 times a week at 1/2" each

so much for an irrigation business then haha

10. Mike33

I know the feeling im getting screwed to day also, 1 day fro finishing wall job. Install caps and re grade, wont happen today.
    Mike