1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally a real mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Jul 9, 2001.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I finally bit the bullet today, and went out to cape cod and bought used: a 12' trailer with gas can + trimmer racks ; a 36" Exmark Metro belt drive ; an echo backpack blower and an echo trimmer, all not even a year old and hardly used (the guy tried to go commercial but realized he couldnt run his own business). Got home from the 2 hour ride at 9:30 tonight, and mowed 1/2 my lawn.. poor neighbors of mine! I am so psyched, i can't wait until wednesday to start mowing, cause its 3 mulching jobs tomorrow, yuck! Thanks guys for the advice towards exmark, i am already happy with my purchase. ps.. forgot to mention, got it all for $3200
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on your new equipment. It sounds like you got a nice deal. :)

I hope it makes you lots of money. $$$$$$
  3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Heck yeah!

Watch your productivity soar!

Sounds like a great deal and I hope you are as satisfied with your Exmark as I am with mine. :)

Good luck to you, roscioli!
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats to you. You will be happy.
  5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats hope you enjoy you'r new mower. I know when ever I buy a new toy all I want to do is use it.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

how was the traffic on cape cod? congrats on your new purchase.
  7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I always have to get use to that roundabout just over the bridge when I go to the Cape.:eek:
  8. highpoint2

highpoint2 LawnSite Member

SWEET!!! We have 7 exmark turf tracer hp's. They kick a##!!!!! I'd highly suggest getting an exmark hydro next.
  9. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, try driving that roundabout (ROTARY) with a trailer, i just went for it. No signs on my truck! The traffic wasnt bad at all, because i went on a monday evening. Had i gone sunday, it would have taken me at least 7 hours to get home. I live in sturbridge, which is exit 9 off the mass pike, the exit for route 84 to hartford. YIKES! We have the worst traffic off all exits from the turnpike. Litterally.
  10. K9LWT

K9LWT LawnSite Member

Traffic on the Cape always sucks...
    Sammy-that roundabout is actually called a rotary. Call them what you want, they suck too...