FINALLY a rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Apr 3, 2005.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

After 17 seasons of walking, I finally broke down and bought a Turf tiger from the boss. Used of course. 60" with 25 hp kohler and 1100 hrs. With a little tlc I can get a few seasons while I'm getting larger accounts. I was hoping to land a few churches or a pool or two but it's probably too late for commercial accounts this year. I was planning to do all the basic maintenance for spring, oil, lube, filters, new blades and belts, any other things to check? The Hydro pumps were replaced last year and the motor seems solid. The mechanic who is a friend of mine said he thinks I should get at least 2500 hrs out of the motor. Any thoughts?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Cool deal, and congrats! Just to let you know, no it's NOT too late to look into bigger and/or commercial jobs. There are PLENTY of places that don't sign until later. Good luck with it, as you have just entered a whole 'nother caliber of cutting.

3. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

A turf tiger is the way to go!

good luck man

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats! I'm sure you will definatly enjoy haveing a ZTR after using walkbehinds.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

congratulations on the new used ztr. I'm sure you'll find it to be a big improvement over a walk behind.

6. LawnGrassHoppers

LawnGrassHoppers LawnSite Member

i bought a encore z48 with bagger system and it was the best investment good luck!