Finally Added One

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mowingkid35, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

Not 100% sure, havent gotten DOT inspection yet. I dont think i would be able to max it out if you know what i mean. If the truck gets DOT'D for 26,000 and only weighs 17,000 there isnt anyway i can add 9k in that box. Now pulling my skid loader will be pushing that for sure.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I was a GM tech for 12 years. The 8.1 is a good engine, bad on gas but it has a ton of power. No real problems with It and much more reliable than the duramax. The only update I remember was an updated PCV valve for oil usage. Yours has probably already been updated.

Nice truck!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

i can see warning someone before they buy something but, telling someone who just bought a truck and is excited about it that it is a piece of crap is just uncalled for. i hope it works well for you and you get plenty more miles and years out of it. :usflag:

4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree.

And this from a guy who DID buy a truck before doing his homework... 2004 F550 with the famous 6.0..... we dropped it off at the mechanic's shop again today! LOL

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with you 100%
    Nice truck man.

6. aarone123

aarone123 LawnSite Member

It will make you money,which is what the purchase was intended for.

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a super nice truck, but that bed is way too low. Do you have any plans on adding gussets to to back and adding sideboards so you can get full use out of it?

8. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I love the body on those trucks. It just looks so nice. I'm sure you'll get another 220k out of it! You going to letter it up?

9. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

I will be adding something soon. Probably nothing this winter, do it right away in the spring.

I will next spring, would like to blast the box and give her a fresh coat before next summer.

10. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

not to hi jack this guys thread...but delete the egr, stud the heads with arp head studs, put an sct tuner in the truck, and some gauges and drive it everyday. I would bet money that will solve 95-100% of your problems....also don't baby your truck, that is the worst thing for them especially turbo's on 6.0's they have to be driven and driven hard. as in put it to the floor once per day for a few seconds at least. and guaranteed you won't ever have turbo issues again, as long as you have plenty of oil in the motor.