Finally... As promised... Hydrowalk SD with brakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Jul 24, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That is really a great idea there. I almost purchased a Ferris hydro walk but ended up not going that route because of the hydro setup.

If someone were to do the mods you did what would do you think something like that would cost?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's a good question. If you can get the hubs off without destroying them like I did then it would be around $175 for the parts. I'd have to ask Troy how much the labor would be to clearance everything, move the hubs and make the mounting bracket.

3. chris6439

chris6439 LawnSite Member

bump... hey Richard, did you ever find out how much something like this would cost? I have a 32" ferris and the single hydro is a pain in the ***

4. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job Richard. I love to work in my shop. Built my own race cars. Built the tube frames, cut the rear ends down, engines you name it.
    I love to try and make things better or try to. All my friends stop by when I get something new and want to know what is not built right with it and what I am going to change. Got a Snapper 21 right now that I swear a 5th grader designed and cant believe they put it out like that.
    Keep up the good work.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

after running a walk with single hydro, i can appreciate and understand the need for the brakes. nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!