1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally bit the bullet again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnNeedz, Aug 24, 2007.

1. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to check out some backpack blowers this afternoon at my local dealer. To my suprise they had just started carrying Redmax equipment and recieved some equipment today. I ended up biting the bullet and getting the ebz8001. It was a little more than I was looking to spend but I could not see myself buying some of the other brands with there "NEW" 2 stroke engines. This thing has certainly got the power. At full throttle it is kinda hard to move forward.

Seems like every time I turn around I am buying new equipment. So far this year I have purchased

John Deere 757
    Kawasaki trimmer
    Kawasaki edger
    Kawasaki hedge trimmer
    14ft landscape trailer
    Quick 36 Samurai
    Redmax ebz 8001
    Honda commercial 21"

I will try to get some picks of all of my new equipment posted tomorrow for all who are interested.
  2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I have that blower too....and I just bought a EB7000. Honestly, my guys are using the 7000 more. It has almost equal moving force, but it weights about 1/2 as much. I would use the 7000 over the ebz8 for grass. Leaves time I favor the EBZ8.
  3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I have 4 EBZ 8001's. I gave my brother in law my last old 7001. I feel like I'm wasting time with the 7001. Its no longer available. My employees agree.
  4. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

put a few bricks together on concrete and walk forward while you blow them. they fly. the 8001 is definately better than the eb8510 for power and reliability:weightlifter: but it is heavy though.
  5. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

Not only is it heavy but it is huge as well. I look like I am wearing a jet pack on my back.
  6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

The weight difference between the ebz8001 and the eb7001 is only about 4lbs.
  7. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Cant be. I own both, and the EBZ8000 is so much heavier, and overall much bigger. The stratocharged engines are crap anyhow. I like both, but prefer the 7000 for grass.
  8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I, also own both machines.

Straight from the horsey's mouth:

• EB7001-RH Backpack Blower
    • Dry Weight: 21.4 lbs
    • EBZ8000-RH BackPack Blower
    • Dry Weight: 24.9 lbs
    • EBZ8001-RH Backpack Blower
    • Dry Weight: 25.4 lbs

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats... give it some break-in hours and then you'll get to see what it's really made of.
  10. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you guys paying for the EB-blowers?