1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally Bought one (pics)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhettMan, Jul 11, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Wright 36" 17 hp Kaw Electric start... cant believe I waited so long to buy this mower. I did get very naucious:dizzy: operating this machine today even tho i use a ZTR often, guess it was the standing up.

Operates nicely, im sure I will be used to it in no time.

When i picked it up from the dealer today the tires felt hard, how much PSI are you guys running on your standers ( or other 600 lbs mowers + rider)?

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

nice mower
  3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Try 14lbs. I think the owner's manual calls for 22lbs, but you may leave ruts with that high of PSI.
  4. RhettMan

from Texas

thanks, its a blast to use too
  5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Nice. 17 sounds like a ton of horsepower to drive a 36" deck even for overgrown grass.

Rear tire pressure for a mower that size I'd guess 20 psi :confused:.
  6. RhettMan

from Texas

I agree, it is nice to have though, my buddy has a 34" Exmark ZTR with 19 hp......my 50" Dixie Chopper has 20 Hp which never bogs down, so im going to agree with you, that is alot of horsepower.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a JD 647a and I run 10lbs or a little less in the rear tires. I found it was much easier on my knees.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Nice that they put the rope starter on so if you have a electrical start problem. I had to add that to mine.
  9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice, I'd like to test one.