1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finally built My new blower holder

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Agape, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Got tired of my green touch holders so i made my own.
    I can just drop the blowers in without straps or brackets and they wont fall out.

image.jpg

2. Agape

Here is another pic, can only seem to post one at a time

image.jpg

3. Agape

Here it is mounted to the trailer

image.jpg

4. Agape

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking good:waving:

6. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

looks good, but what keeps them from sliding out between the upper and lower supports? it looks like they could work their way out from the pics. I have a br600 and two Stihl Backback sprayers that I would like to secure in a similar fashion. Any more info on how you did it would be appreciated.

thanks.

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

You are going to add some sort of locking feature I hope?

8. Agape

clearance.
    I physically grabbed the bottom -back edge of the blowers and tried to pull, twist, wedge, and work the blowers out and there is no way.

9. Agape

I "guesstimated" 1/2 inch clearance front and back and sides using an "L" square on the ground and looking from above (i don't have a caliper that large, and you want to consider the pull starter and padding in your guesstimation), and also how high I wanted the blowers to have to bounce (exactly straight up) before coming out.
    I came up with (43"L) x (14"D) x (14"H)

one of the front supports keeping the blower from falling into the trailer is an inch lower because I simply had pieces that were already cut.

I should be able to start these while still in the box- saving me time and bending over at each stop.

Liberal application of Rustolium Gloss Black (which, I think, everyone should have in thier garage in bulk;) )