1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally completed debris loader installation!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Nov 22, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Works pretty good. It did get clogged once when I was sucking up some thick, green grass (real thick), but borke lose on its' own. I get a very little blowback from where the green discharge tube meets the PVC. Now all she needs is a paint job (the cab) and pvc tube.

grain truck complete.jpg
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

looks good. she holds a lot of leaves thats for sure. put some dubs on her and she'll be ready to cruise:drinkup:
  3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

You pull your trailer to residential sites with that beast. that takes skilled driving. the setup looks real good though, what color are you gonna paint it?
  4. I couldn't figure out the reason for the black bracket holding the pipe where it enters the box. Is because the truck has a hoist bed?

5. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great! Very heavy duty.:D
  6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Looks good. A quick question...Is there a reason you didnt turn the loader 180 degrees so the output end is directly against the grill??? This would have cut 2' or so off your output tube.
  7. PKB005

PKB005 LawnSite Member

8. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Looks good walker nice big box you might only have to dump onece per day, I do believe in the off season id blast the truck and put on a really neat paint job with company logo.....Marks Mowing Service
  9. walker-talker

from Midwest

Lawnkid, the truck will probably be painted white. I think it would look cool if I painted leaves all over the truck. It's has not been that bad driving to residentals. In the future I would like to get a 1-ton.....this truck is a 2-ton with a 13.5' bed. It will hold 21 cubic yards.

Dave, it has a dump bed.....looks at the pics.

KenH, don't really understand your question.

Pkboo5, I see city drives that have similar setups, so I really don't think I will have a problem...but that is a good question.

MarkP, As I speak I am having a stencil of my logo made. It is 3'x7' and will go on the side of the dump bed....along with phone number and a list of services.

grain truck-discharge tube mount.jpg
  10. walker-talker

from Midwest

A closeup of the support bracket. Got lucky...only had to make one cut on the pvc discharge tube. The pvc flexes enough that I can lift it up and then rotate the pvc if I need to take it off.

grain truck-discharge tube support-closeup.jpg