Finally cutting grass again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Today was the first day to cut grass. Mowers have been busy mulching leaves all winter but today they finally saw some real grass to cut.
    [​IMG]

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Looks good Ssouth, I wish that was me out cutting and you were looking at the snow melting. We only have snow in shady areas and where it was piled up from plowing. Nice stripes. ;)

3. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

OK now it is official, I'm jealous. Can't wait to get this season under way. Stripes are lookin good.

4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

ssouth what made the stripes, they look good.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

man, i cant wait to break in the new lazer. thanks for making me jealous. we have an inch of snow coming thursday night and a possible ice storm sunday. april is around the corner though.

6. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

RDH, This yard was cut with an eXmare Lazer EPS 60". I only had single blades on, with double blades the stripes seem to stand out better. This is only a small portion of the lawn but I didn't want to fill up too much space with pics.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I think I can smell that fresh cut grass!

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Looking good.

It was decently warm here today, but now it's raining, and the news said it is supposed to change over to snow. Not what I wanted to hear. Spring can't get here soon enough.

9. mowing...never until april last week or first of may.

10. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Send some of that green my way!! Probably wont even think about getting out the mower until the end of march:(