Finally demoed a SCAG Cheetah today......REVIEW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by StihlBR600, May 16, 2012.

1. JABBERS

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Still no demo and its been over a month. I working with my second scag dealer and still no dealer and no call backs. Im not use to the poor customer service i have an excellent exmark dealer. Gravely was also not to good either. whats wrong with people? Why cant my exmark dealer sell scag? LOL

2. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

BR, I ended up getting a 31 Kaw. The only thing I can't stand about this mower is that the seat wont stay upright before it starts tilting back. I looked and their is no lock for the turn knob on the side. Would you happen to have this problem too?

3. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

thats how the exmark dealers are around my area. Hole reason i went to scag/deere

4. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Some dealers get a little too "proud" of their eqp. and seemingly forget there's strong competition all around them now.
    I heard someone say there were somewhere around 75 different "Z" mower manufacturers now.

A customer doesn't have to chase a dealer anymore....that's for sure.

5. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem like that with my cheetah. Bet the mechanism that holds it in place is not alligned properly. Should be a warranty repair. The only issue I had so far is with the roll bar. When you raise it the holes on the left side wont allign to put the pins in. I will have the dealer fix this winter. Do your holes allign properly?

6. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 31 Kaw on my Gravely 460 and so far it has more than enough power. Thing doesn't even break a sweat. Down side is I'm only getting 2.0 gph roughly. Hopefully will get better as braking in. Last checked at about 25 hrs. My 28 Kohler efi is very weak on my Super Z but I bet I get around 1-1.2 gph.

7. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

Exmark is selling inferior equipment compared to Scag and have to do a better job with customer service...sucks but thats the way it works:hammerhead:

8. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

I've got a 61"Turf Tiger w/ FD750D Kawasaki mill that is very fuel efficient at 1.2gph

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

While the 27hp LC Kawi is decent on economy, it is a dud when it comes to power. I had one on my 60" LC'd Lazer with only 10cc pumps and it was underpowered.

10. JABBERS

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

In my area yes there are plenty of dealers but no one want to demo except my exmark dealer. Sure they all talk of a demo but its hard to come by and I get mad when I straight out tell them to call and let me know whats going on and they never call.