Finally did it. Bought a Hustler !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by springman26, May 24, 2004.

1. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

Well I finally broke down and bought a Z. I got a Hustler Super Mini Z 52 in with the 25 Kawasaki. This is one mean machine. I can't get over how fast the thing goes, its scary! I have a few account where I can really crank it up and cut at almost top speed. I used it in the rain one day and was impressed with the cut. I wish I had bought this thing a long time ago. I feel for the price its a pretty good deal, $7295. Almost makes mowing fun again. :)

2. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new mower! I have been studying the Hustler's a little. What did you have before?

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats !!!
    Welcome to the family !!!
    Let me know if there are ever any questions you need answered.

Pj

4. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

I have a 48 Yazoo/ Kees belt drive with a 15 Kawi and sulky and I just sold an older 48 Exmark Metro belt with a 15. I wish i could say that I'm cutting much faster now but I'm still a little slow on the turns so as not to tear the grass. On my walkbehind I was quick but at the end of the day my hands would be killin me from the pistol grip. I was well on my way to carpal tunnel. Now I just sit back and relax. On the second day I had the machine I got a little crazy and slid down a steep hill off a small bulkhead and onto the beach. I turned around on the beach and powered right back up no problem. Its been a wild time but I love the thing.

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Once you try a Hustler you're hooked. It has a perfect combination of speed, toughness, and cut quality all rolled into one package. The machine is tops!

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Enjoy it!
    they are good quality machines..................this coming from a "red" mower man.

7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats Springman. I'm the proud owner of a new 52" 27HP Super Z and I too was amazed at the speed of the thing. Our grass here in Central Fl doesn't get really thick and difficult to cut until the middle of July. So now, I'm able to mow almost all of my accounts at "top speed" with excellent results. I'm reminded almost daily of a quote a fellow lawnsite member told me when I was trying to make up my mind about getting my Super Z, "15 mph is your friend". How true!