Finally done

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TREEGUARD, Dec 15, 2007.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping::clapping:Today is our last day of clean-ups even though there is a little bit of snow on the ground my crew is out finishing up the last few houses:clapping:. Then the hard part of the season is next trying to collect all outstanding debits.

To everyone have a great hoilday :drinkup:
  2. sweetlou

sweetlou LawnSite Member

good for you, I have 2 more left plus a few i should probably go back to too give a quick touch up. I just sent out my final bills for the cleanups,being the time of year Im hoping they come in before feb, out of site out of mind

I here that lou just hope i can collect from everone before we start again next year
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to hear you guys made it. Most of my accounts are in Dix Hills and Melville, still have about an inch of snow on them. I need this rain today to melt the snow so I can get back out! I have easily another week and a half of work and getting nervous about not finishing.
    Where on LI do you guys work?
  5. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

I'm with Al on that one i need at least this week to finish up. Everything was coated with about an inch of solid ice no way we could have done anything. Im mostly in eastern suffolk like manorville and wading river.
  6. sweetlou

sweetlou LawnSite Member

I mostly do seaford massapequa wantagh due to the weather I may skip tomorrow and finish up wed.The majority of my customers usually get there payments out within 3 weeks of recieving them,but for some reason this year i have quite a few that owe me since Oct,now with the snow and christmas,i hope i dont have to go knocking on doors,sometimes people dont realize we have mouths to feed to.
  7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm out here in the Garden City area-I have a few days left- hopefully going out weds and thurs, but who knows at this point
    Remeber that post about blowing leaves in the snow? I saw 1 company out today doing "clean-ups" in the 50mph winds, mowing lawns with ice on them. Holy crap they must be desperate. While shoveling yesterday I saw a lot of oak leaves falling. A house I finished last week-or so I thought had a nice thin layer of leaves on it- DANG NAB IT! I'm gonna try to finsh all the ones I didn't get to the "final" time and then hopefully run quickly thru the route to touch up before real winter and Christmas. Good luck everyone!

Most of my accounts are Levittown, Hicksville & Plainview. We do some other towns as well but that's were the bulk of it is
  9. Ted Bell

Ted Bell LawnSite Member

Leaf cleanup are just getting in full gear here in D-FW. After a hard freeze last week, I expect them to maximize in the next week or so. But I'm suprised it is this late in the year (mid-December); it used to be late November when the peak hit.