finally finished my flatbed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, May 24, 2008.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, so after a long time of working, i finally finished my flatbed truck, and it looks awesome. i posted a before and after pic.

IMG_0089.JPG

tr7uk.jpg

2. mike lane lawn care

doesn't even look like the same truck!

3. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

No it sure doesn't, I like how you repainted it and then made it an extended cab. Maybe you posted the wrong truck???????????????

4. mike lane lawn care

not only did i repaint, add a bed, and make it an extended cab, i also added a 6.0l V8.

that is my new truck, a 2005 GMC sierra 2500HD4x4, with every option in the book, very low miles, and in perfect shape. when i say every option, i mean heated leather seats, bose sound system, onstar, power seats/windows/locks/mirrors. heated mirrors. Everything. i got a great deal on it, costs less than a 2008 2500 regular cab bare bones, and just barely broken in.

KBB value is $24k, i paid $18k out the door with TTL and first month's insurance.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

PLEASE take better care of this one then you did the other one. DONT chop the bed off and make a ghetto wood flatbed. DONT go mudding with it all the time. Dont do things that just generally booger it up.

Why not make the Z71 into a muddin truck now?

6. mike lane lawn care

this truck is NEVER seeing the dirt EVER. it is waaaaaay too nice. the closest it is ever seeing to the off road, is dropping off the new Arctic Cat ATV.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Honestly... Condradu-freakin-lations! Its about time you got a real truck! Nice choice too! Youll be sorry you got the heated mirrors.. I paid 200.00 to have my top glass replaced. Someone wacked it cuz they stick out so far.

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

nice to have all those options, you always think, oh i dont need that! but once you have it you wont want to go back to another base work truck.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Why is it I think Mikey is a future Topsites? :hammerhead:

If you didn't take care of the 99 why do you think this pickup will be any different?

10. mike lane lawn care

the old truck was an expensive lesson well learned. if i screw this one up, i'm f***ed, cause i still have to make the payments on it.