1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally found a good way to deal with a PITA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by farmboy1285, Jun 5, 2008.

1. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

So today I am mowing one of my regulars and the next door neighbor walks up and asks if I have time to mow. I didn't really want to do it so I figured I shoot pretty high, I say $30 and she looks back and says Ill give you $20. Now let me take a second to say I knew as soon as she said that this was not going to be fun or easy. So I agree to $25 because its a small yard and it would be my last lawn for the day. So I adjust my mower, because it was one of those short yards, and start mowing. About 2 minutes in she comes out flags me down and says she wants it shorter, so I drop from 2.5" down to 2" then she says well I still want it shorter :dizzy:. So I'm like whatever and drop down to 1.5". BTW I have a Great Dane surfer so in order to change the height have to go back to the trailer run one side up the trailer and change the height then the same for the other side. So I'm mowing along an this lady walks about 5 feet away from me the whole time. I go to turn my mower and she is standing at the perfect angle to get sprayed with grass from the discharge chute:hammerhead:. The best part is that she had he mouth wide open because she was trying yell something about part of the lawn I missed(hadn't got to yet):clapping:. I look over and she is covered in grass and is turned spitting out grass. Now I know this is Very, Very dangerous, Unprofessional, rude and did I mention dangerous, but it was a accident, and it was mainly her fault. Now the part where this gets better is that it happen not once, but twice you would have thought she would have learned the first time.:laugh: Though this could have turned out really bad, it was pretty funny. Of course she had a problem with my trimming but that another story, anyone else have some good stories of when a PITA gets what they earned.
  2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

very dangerous! and unprofessional! lmao:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: thats funny! did she pay you? i think it would be worth it regardless:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  3. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

ohh i though the title was going to say

- Finally found a good way to make money other than from landscaping -

ya ,. cut ALL day in the rain 7:30-6:30 , 2 guys - 22 lawns few around 1 acre ,,,alot of bagging,

got fired from one said we charge to much,( house just got sold to new owner and we kept on cuting )

another lawn called said we should not cut in the rain and it looked bad ( it dint ) they told me i should have pride in my work---- what?/wow!

brother weed-wacked dog sh*t in his face

our third guy quite this morning said he wont mow anymore just landscape

ohhh i almsot forgot- my Gf called half way through the day , and told me i need to go to a wedding on saterday.

and my left boot has a hole in it and my socks are drenched i mean weeeeeeeet and slippery , like im gonna have some of that vietnam foot rot SHI*T

4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Wow, That's really funny! You'd think people would have more sense but I have had customers who I thought were intelligent walk right in front of my discharge chute. Way to make an example out of that moron! :laugh::drinkup:
  5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

wow,sounds you had a fun day.
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

LOL thats pretty funny
  7. farmboy1285

Man sounds like you had a ruff day, hope things get to looking better for ya.
  8. farmboy1285

Yes I got paid and yes it was freakin hilarious it was defiantly the highlight of my day, I guess that the lady just really wanted to get up close and personal with her lawn:laugh: This was actually the second time I have mowed for these people and the first time the lady followed me around the whole time just like this time. So in another week or two if I go back i bet you anything that she will still watch me like a hawk but hopefully not near as close.
  9. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Thats makes my day. Ya know imagine if a little dog poop made it into the mix hehe!
  10. farmboy1285

If only, If only:laugh: