Finally found a mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOWEMJEFF, Feb 15, 2008.

1. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a 2004 Walker 20/48 with only 479 hours for $5500!!!!!!!!!!!So excited have to spread the word. Now I just want to find more customers. I'm gonna do a few ads in the local papers and was considering some lawn signs...any success with these? I also want to get a couple polo shirts with my company logo and go door to door with flyers looking reallll profreshional. Any cheap marketing ideas out there i wanna hear them. Thanks.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That was a good price all you need now is to put a good suspension seat.

3. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

Good job on your find, great deal. I have used exmark, hustlerand scag..I bought my first walker 48" 2 years ago and bought a 36" a week later for the smaller areas and have enjoyed every dollar it mayed me!! Have fun and enjoy the quality of a walker

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations !!

5. Trader Rick

Trader Rick LawnSite Member

Way to go. We have been running walkers since 96. Simply a beautiful cut and easy to service. We just added two more to the fleet 2008 MDs went to them a few years ago and will never go back to gas burners. The Diecels have more power and very seldom clog or bog down even in wet grass. We bought 48" GHS decks as well as 52" Sdischargers with mulch kits installed. Our bagging crews run 20 ft enclosed trailers and haul the extra decks, it takes about 10 min to switch out. Contact your local churches and run an add in their sunday bulliten. Contact your local Catholic Dioces Chancery office, most all have a news paper that is published weekly. Run an add in this paper. I did it 10 or so years ago and had to pull it because I couldnt handle any more accounts that season. Good luck with your Walker.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a great deal you found on a walker. Enjoy it. They're great machines.

7. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a good idea, is it just me or does everyone reads the advertisements in the church news letter while the priest is talking?:nono: