Finally got a Camera!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Krafty, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Finally get some pics up of how my summer has been!

First is a retaining wall we have been working on.

Top of it will get covered in pavers, fire pit, columns and fence. Not all equipment pics but shows a little of what we do.

P6220068.jpg

P6250078.jpg

P8050132.jpg

P8050133.jpg

P8050128.jpg

2. Krafty

Male, from St. Louis MO

Here are a few pics of a grading job we did. Was at a local highschool. Drain was clogged up and covered with ivy. Scraped all of crap out and re swaled it to drain better. Sorry no before pics.

P7190107.jpg

P7190108.jpg

P7190109.jpg

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a big retaining wall definatly a lot of work, what is the engineering requirments on a wall that tall.

4. Bobcat'nSTL

Bobcat'nSTL LawnSite Member

Hey your work looks really nice. I saw that rc30 out at Nu Way on Saturday when we were picking up a t190 witch turned out to have a dead battery :hammerhead: so it was an interesting day of jumping it and then we put a new battery in it for Sunday and it started right up every time luckily my dad owns an auto repair shop.

[​IMG]
    It may be one tough animal, but not when it has a dead battery.
    [​IMG]

5. Krafty

Male, from St. Louis MO

In our area anything over 6' must be engineered. It was speced at 8' grid lengths every other corse, backfilled with 1" drainage aggrate. That is pretty standard around here for just about any wall over 6' unless you have some odd circumstances.

6. Krafty

Male, from St. Louis MO

Ya thanks. Good luck with Nu-Way they are real hit and miss. Some time they are great and other days........

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good krafty, looking forward to some more.

8. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work Krafty! That wall looks great!

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Our regs state anything over 4 feet needs to be engineered we wouldn't beable to build a hand stacked wall that tall it would have to be bigger block or two walls stepped back. We would also need a hand rail on top because it is over 4 feet tall.

Anyhow the wall looks good lots of work I have done block walls it is back breaking physical labour.

The homeowners should be happy they have a patio area now.

10. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Looking good there nice wall