finally got an exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by traman, Apr 12, 2004.

1. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

got my first exmark 36inch metro hp what a great machine !!! the cut is superior , the quick hight adjutment the ecs controls nice job exmark . the dealer i got it from was great to . bought a jungle jim to go with it . i was told in the past that a belt drive and a velke dont mix i weigh 250lbs and have not yet had a real problem getting pulled around . the only complaint i have is its not as fast as am use to i had a wright stander 36 hydro that was quick but that machine weighed 600 lbs and with my 250 on it, the ruts i left were so bad i was starting to lose accounts . i hope to pick up a lazer z in the future thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Traman,

Congratulations! I really like the floating deck too and the ECS controls for me anyway are awesome.

Here's a tip for ya:

On any of the HP walk behinds (Turf Tracer HP and Metro HP) one of the best things you can do is check the PTO belt adjustment a few times the first day of use. After the first week it settles in and requires very little adjustment.

Thanks,

Terry

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I think you will be happy for years to come.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Congrats, I also have a 36" Metro/jungle wheels but it is fixed deck. The Metro is truly a machine of commercial grade. All of eXmark 36" WB rock! They cut like champs, I just got a sloping account 2 weeks ago cause previous LCO only rode his Toro Z and stringtrimmed the slope. It is kind a refreshing & energizing that your $ 2000 WB machine can beat out $ 8000 Ztr...

5. B.T.

B.T. LawnSite Member

If you don't me asking,what type of accts.Will your 36''wb apply to? The reason I am asking is because I am torn between a 48"exmark hp ztr or a wb. The average size yard i will be cutting is about 10,000 to 12,000 sq. ft.
    Since I am new to this It will be my first mower. to me there is no other choice but exmark. thanks for your info.
    B.T.

6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i have both types of accounts b.t. res. and comm. the main reason for the walk behind is to get through 36'' gates backyards and small yards with fences the second reason is ,down here in florida we get a lot of rain in the summer ,the lawns can get very wet and soft and a big machine can cause rutting , most walk behinds will cut with no problem and will not sink down low because thay are lighter you might consider a 48 in. walk behind hydro drive and a used push mower for small stuff . next talk to other lawn companys in your area see what they use .but the main thing is buy a big trailer . your busness is going to grow not the other way around traman

7. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

You will enjoy it for years, Just maintain it and it will cut true