Finally got insured

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by l1011100, May 25, 2005.

1. l1011100

l1011100 LawnSite Member

Well today I finally got my equipment insured along with $1M liability. I know that I should already have this but just never seemed to get around to it. I got an LLC 2 years ago but never got insurance. I think what finally scared me into doing it is that there have been 4 LCO's attacked and robbed here in Atlanta in the past month. I sure would hate to loose all my equipment to some idiot that doesn't want to pay for his own. I even sent off for my DOT numbers today, if your going to do it, do it right. And of Friday I am applying for my concealed weapons license. Who knew business could be so much fun.
    I'm just excited to be completely legal and insured, its like a big weight has been lifted from my chest.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

good for you, i hope others follow your lead, your not in business if you are running an illegal operation...

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi l1011100,

Good work. Consider using that in your marketing. It will help you stand out.

Here is a flyer we had created, maybe you can use it.

Preview:
    [​IMG]

Download from here.

4. l1011100

l1011100 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I picked up 2 new clients this week who insisted on insurance.
    Now that my customers are educated I might have less of a chance of getting pushed out by a scrub
    I like the Team Gopher flier, it says allot.

5. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

I need to go talk to my agent about insurandce just curious if you guys know about what a 1 million dollar liability and equipment coverage will cost per year?

6. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

$1mm liability insurance
    i pay $575 / year............

:blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

280 per year for me

8. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

On my policy I carry $2 million liability and $12,000 worth of equipment. $10,000 scheduled (mowers, trailers etc.) and $2,000 unscheduled (trimmers and blowers and such). That sets me back $700 a year from Nationwide.

My truck is a '89 F-250 2WD. High miles, only carry commercial liability. $745 a year from Nationwide.

These things are a must: Service vendors license (requiered in Ohio), registered business name, liability insurance, commercial vehicle insurance and commercial plates on truck AND trailer.

With these things in place, my days out working are worry free. :cool:

9. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

I carry $1 million liability and $24,000 worth of equipment. $15,000 scheduled (mowers, trailers etc.) and $3,500 unscheduled (trimmers and blowers and such). cost insured $575....................

this includes: 2- gravely 2004, 260z diesels
    ~~~~~~~~ 1 - gravely 2005, 260z gas
    plus trailers, blowers, trimmers, 21" mowers, etc...............