Finally got it!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jwilson32, Sep 27, 2003.

1. jwilson32

jwilson32 LawnSite Member

I am the proud owner of a 2003 Hustler Super Z. I know its late in the season but i had a good reason to buy it. Actually two....1st the dealer made me a great deal, $7400 and 2nd i just picked up three home depots, 2 in Wichita, and 1 in Hutchison. I tried to use what i had, but it took way to long. plus there is a large dyke on the south side with three rows of pine trees about 15' apart. The walker is a great machine but wouldn't hold a hill for nothing. The Z walked all over it. I can mow all three in about 8 hrs. Ill have some pics soon.
    Another question is i have the snow removal account. Does anyone do snow removal for other home depots? What do you charge? I haven't had time to measure it.
    Thanks.

2. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

How can you make any $$$ driving 130 miles for 3 accounts????? If your making that much money I need to go and talk with the Home Depots. LOL:D :D :D

3. jwilson32

jwilson32 LawnSite Member

Is that you Herb?
    They contacted me and wanted a bid. So i did just that and included drive time, .32/mile. They accepted it, and i now have the account. Im not sure who had it before but i think he needs to invest into an edger, or learn how to edge with a trimmer. It looked terrible. We've been getting a lot of complements.
    What would you charge for the snow removal?
    BTW i contacted the manager for the city of park city about the mowing you forwarded to me. It wasn't a weekly contract so i declined it. But i appreciate the offer. Hope your year is going well.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new addition to the arsenal! Out of curiosity, is their policy there the same as it is here, where they want you to go in and have a manager sign you in and out whenever you visit?

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good for you!
    Enjoy it and best of luck with the depot.
    They need some new image and you may be helping them out.
    Best wishes.

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thank you for your business.
    I am very positive some of your other mowing equipment may be getting used less now........lol....just kidding.
    Did you get that price on a 27 or 25 hp ?

Pj

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have that on a few accounts...absolutely hate it

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Is this her? PS: AWSOME MOWER!!

big girl.jpg

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

kirby, if that pic doesnt break a posting rule, it definately should become one lol........