finally!! got me a t-270

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Apr 12, 2005.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

It is a little rough looking, but starts in two pulls. Great throttle response and purs like a kitten. I flushed alot of new grease through the head to purge the old grease, cleaned the air filter and removed the very stuck spark screen, and fixed the kill wire. The best part, I got it for 80$ You read right 80$ I am so glad i finally found one of the old goodies. Also has a blade, strap and maybe the original guard. On a side not, i turned the guy i bought it from onto redmax. He bought 2 7001 blowers, two trimmers that are compatable to the old shind t-231, and one slightly bigger. He likes them 20 times better than his old shinds. Hate to see it but shindy looks to be losing a lot of loyal customers due to this epa garbage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, whatch think? Good deal? Looks pretty rough, Is this normal wear or past normal?

LAter chris

2. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

anybody know what grease these gear boxs run? I pumped it with a red grease. Spose to be good for wheel bearings and chasis lubricant and hight temp exteme applicatiions. I figured if it is good enough for wheel bearings, it ought to be good enough for this. I have used it for a while now in everything i own and not one problem. So what do you guys use?

later chris

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy the grease labeled by Shindaiwa, Echo or Stihl. They will take the temps.
    Remove the gearbox when greasing. Grease the splines at each end of the drive shaft and rub a little bit on the length of the shaft.

Oldtimer