1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got my new mower!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SkinnyVinny, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

2. SkinnyVinny

SkinnyVinny LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, question. What is the best site to order blades from? Or do you just go to your local dealer. I am looking for good high lifts for the Wright, I have heard of superlifts but cant find them anywhere. I am looking for that good stripe so any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

nice, we are getting the same machine but a 52" w/ either the 19 or 24 this winter.

4. SkinnyVinny

your gonna love it.. its awesome

5. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice. I Want a 36 or a 32.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I'm definitely going to get a stander ( I run a smaller trailer too, 5x12) So that tiny footprint must be nice. I'm just unsure what brand I want. Be sure to give us a full review man (What exmark were you running?) Describe any immediate pro's and con's you notice while you are out there.

You should look into a mulch kit and mulching blades for it. Cut's might looks a little more crisp and clean than high lifts and side discharge. Just my opinion though.

I've heard the Wright's cut quality is not as good but they are the best built. Give me your opinion on that. I'm leaning heavily toward Wright because they were the first ones to make the standers, correct? Anyway, great investment man. My 36" metro is okay but I would kill to have ZTR controls on it like these standers do.

7. SkinnyVinny

Hey man, like i said I am in love with this machine. I had an Exmark Lazer 44" before this. It is like night and day. Here is a quick pro and con list.

Pro's: less fatigue (doesnt beat the hell out of your back and kidneys), I feel more stable on the Wright than I ever did on the exmark, gas economy is better, side discharge is far better than the exmark, controls are better, it handles a hell of alot better than the exmark and it doesnt rip up grass during turns as much as the exmark did. And the thing that really sold me was the customer support! I e-mailed Jillian from this site to demo it and they would get back to me within minutes of me e-mailing them. They were truly great. Thanks again Jillian if you read this! haha. But yea, compared to exmark they are hands down better in that aspect.

Con's: Doesnt stripe as well as the exmark, be careful going down hills (give enough room to stop), and the only other thing i can think of is if your booking down an open, flat field let up slow on the speed because it will skid as it stops.

This mower is great, you will not be disappointed by it I can promise you that. The cut quality is great, it just doesnt stripe like I said but I will experiment with blades and im sure it will far surpass the exmarks cut. Once I got on this machine, I haven't looked back at the ZTR world and I dont think i ever will. Get in touch with Jillian, she will help you out if you have any questions. Hope I helped.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations on your new play toy !!

9. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Great news. Unfortunately there aren't any Wright dealers here in Memphis (I couldn't believe it when I searched) Closest one is North Mississippi which isn't too far. The funny thing is I have been to all the dealers in Memphis, and none of them have very good customer service. So looks like at some point I'll be taking that trip down to MS (30 minutes) I'm excited. Def looking at a stander of some sort for next season.

10. SkinnyVinny

Dude, definitely e-mail Jillian. She will help you set something up man. No dealer around me would set me up with a demo and kept saying I cant leave there with one unless I buy it, she hooked me up with demo within a day. Most mower dealers suck to deal with, just go to the actual company haha.
    JillianJ@wrightmfg.com - Thats the e-mail.