Finally got my telehandler...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, May 21, 2006.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

So I bought the used Gehl DL6H42 and got to play on it a bit today. Very different feeling on any kind of slope...I'm still quite nervous so I am going to be overly cautious for quite a while. It has the framers forks and I bought a 2.5 yard bucket for moving gravel and sand for retaining walls and backfill/foundations.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance, but I want to get the sellers company name off of the boom before I do, though.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Its probably going to take awhile to get used to the machine does it have stabilizers on the front ?

I think you will be using the machine quite abit for standing up walls and moving building materials around. You should have a man bucket made up aswell so you can use it for reaching the higher places like installing a heavy window on the 3rd floor.

3. thepawnshop

The basket you are talking about is gonna set me back 2k, so I am going to wait a bit.

From what a couple other builders tell me, it will get more use than I ever imagined....and they don't have buckets for theirs, either.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Telehandlers with forks are really handy on big projects. On real large commercial jobs it makes cleanup a breeze you can move around smaller dumpsters around the site and dump it into 40 yard ones every night.

5. Gravel Rat

Ouch I didn't think it would cost that much you could prolly get a certified welder to build you one so it passes insurance requirements.

Hey if any one of you sub trades pizzes you off now you can take their truck and put it up on a nice high place they can get at it :laugh:

One building contractor I know of used to work in the more expensive area where people drive BMWs etc. One of the rich snobs wouldn't move their car so they took the forklift and placed it somewhere out of reach hey don't fool around with a contractor :nono:

6. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

One building contractor I know of used to work in the more expensive area where people drive BMWs etc. One of the rich snobs wouldn't move their car so they took the forklift and placed it somewhere out of reach hey don't fool around with a contractor :nono:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. Then Jesus and the tooth fairy had a picnic on the roof of the car.....

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

lolololol

Yeah, right. Then Jesus and the tooth fairy had a picnic on the roof of the car.....[/QUOTE]

8. Gravel Rat

I'am not sh**ing you the contractor asked the person not to park there the person kept parking there so they took the forklift placed the car out of the way. We have the forklift now we actually have owned it for 20 years dad bought it from the building contractor.

9. thepawnshop

I know the machine can physically "lift" most cars, but how the hell do you keep from damaging it?!?!?!

Seems like a prank that could go ugly wrong VERY quickly....

10. Gravel Rat

Most guys have fork extensions for the jobs where you have opjects that are too wide for the regular forks like carrying pipe. Also fork extensions are needed for carrying stacks of trusses that are laying down. It saves you from trying to grab them by the king post.