Finally got my Velke built

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Here it is on a ball hitch - if it is in the way when you load, just flip - remove - stack beside the mower

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

It's nice, but why go through the hassle of putting a ball on it? Does the guy weight 2000 lbs? :p
  3. Flex-Deck

Stricktly ease of removal - Convienience - Also very solid feeling
  4. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Flex Deck, that is a pretty slick idea using the ball hitch for quick hook ups.
    :) :)
  5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Looks nice, but does it articulate side to side?Is the range of movement limited on uneven terrain?
  6. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Brad, nice looking mower, looks like mine, all 54" of it;)
  7. Flex-Deck

Hey gravedigger - nice to hear from you - how is the mower working- BTY - in answer to a post above, it articulates about 30 degrees each way - Ball hitches do that.
  8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

2 thumbs up!:D
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is one thing about my velke that I do not like is the fact that you can't hang it up, compared to the belt driven mowers, because on the hydros the hydrolic filter is in the way. So it is a good idea about the hitch and quick disconnect, because I think it's a pain disconnecting ours and then reconnecting all the time
  10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the sulky, but the ball hitch baffles me a little. I guess it would be easier to build it that way rather than having to put bearings and such in, but for total performance a Jungle Jim sulky would be ideal. Looks good though, I like the platform, looks sturdy. :cool: