1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally Got One

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by BigStew, May 27, 2006.

1. BigStew

BigStew LawnSite Member

Whew!, after looking at just about every ZTR on the market, both residential and commercial, demo's on my property, riding slopes, watching others ride (or in some cases slide) on slopes, dealer sales pitches, discussions with service techs and parts mangers, email to PJ, I have bought a mini z 19/52.

The bottom line is function, quality, solid pricing, a trusted dealer and this forum. Hustler gets it!

If you are in the Raleigh, NC area and need help with a mower decision see Right of Way Equipment Co. Bernie Senter in sales is tops and the staff is patient as you ask questions and visit to compare machines. No pressure just facts.

Thanks and have a great Memorial Day remembering the sacrifice of more than ONE MILLION of our Nations fallen warriors.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the family!!!
    ROWEQ is a old dealer of ours, among the best of the best!
    Tell Bernie I said Hi next time you see him.

3. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of price did you get from your dealer? I am going to take one more look at my dealer here in town. I made a visit to them about two weeks ago but was not too impressed. Looked more like a junk yard than a dealership. Units had been sitting in the rain for some time. Dealers are going to have to understand if they expect us to drop 6K on a mower, we don't want one sitting in the outdoor weather for months.
  4. BigStew

BigStew LawnSite Member

The spring promo pricing for my mini z 19/52 was 5999. I offered to pay cash and they knocked off $100 and threw in the trailer hitch bracket. My dealer does have a number of demo units on the lot along with several new models. The demos are clearly used and I used one on my property. I am sure they try to manage the hours on demos and may sell them at a discount but I did not engage in such discussion. My machine is new unpacked and assembled by the dealer.
    I do agree with you dealer presentation of new equipment is important. My dealer seems to do a great job of just that.
    Good luck with your decision.