1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finally got rain :)...would'nt ya know...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, May 19, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

After 4 week and ZERO rain we had a nice storm tonight! All my pillows from the lounge chairs were in the pool & my umbrella is now broke.

My wife took her dad & unkle's to the Winston race tonight, would'nt you know it, at the drop of the green flag it started raining! :mad: After 4 weeks I sure wish it would have waited 3 more hours, now they are going to be late getting home, that stinks.

Radar shows more rain coming, sure hope it does....after the dang race!!
  2. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Yea, that was probably the same storm front that moved straight through Kentucky. We had rain last night for the first time....And it was nice. It sprinkled alittle today too. The news said that places in Indiana got like 3 inches, but we only got about 3/4 of an inch. Anything is good though.
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm staying up so I can finish watching that dang race. I'm trying to anyway............old age sure has it's downside.:rolleyes:
  4. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

It rained for seven whole minutes in downtown Charlotte last night. Not much rain, but after the dry weather we've been having, it was a welcome sight. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Bill Craig
  5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We had a shower last Friday, about .01 that's it. Lawns look really stressed now and May is usually a great month. The forecast this week calls for showers, I sure hope they're right. I look at the ocean everyday..water water everywhere but not a drop of rain !
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear that Kirby. We got a dust settler too last nite. But even a little rain helps move out the dry air and start breaking down the wall. We had a massive amount of rain heading our way for a time yesterday evening but it broke down due to that dry air and all we got were sprinkles. About 1 am a good shower came up and it rained pretty hard. The centipeed in my yard even greened up. But by neighbors fescue is still mostly brown. Hopefully this was a drought pattern breaker and we will all get more. Even the weather guy on tv last nite sounded very discouraged the the big rain never made it. I think though this drought will stick around many more years and give us all grey hair
  7. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

After 35 days of no rain last night we got 1.5 inches. That fires me up because everything was burning. :blob3:
  8. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Not a drop for me?
    The radar shows that line of showers drying up long before it reaches my coast.
    There are ISOLATED showers predicted for tonight and later this week. I'm hoping for a "dust settler" soon!
    I can hardly imagine actual rain!

BTW - Getting HOT!
  9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

No rain here for a whilebut look at this forecast =):
    May 20 Mostly Cloudy 70 °F 56 °F
    UV Index: 5 Moderate

May 21 Showers 66 °F 60 °F
    UV Index: 4 Low

May 22 T-Storms 70 °F 54 °F
    UV Index: 4 Low

May 23 Rain 64 °F 47 °F
    UV Index: 6 Moderate

May 24 Scattered Showers 58 °F 46 °F
    UV Index: 8 High

May 25 Partly Cloudy 63 °F 49 °F
    UV Index: 8 High

May 26 Scattered Showers 66 °F 52 °F
    UV Index: 7 High

May 27 Partly Cloudy 71 °F 53 °F

Life is great =)
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I am pumped up too about this forcast :blob3: 2 storms are suppose to come together and dramacticly increase our rain chances. Boys and girls we might be back in business. But i still doubt it. LOL. Really I do as having seen this type of forcast fall apart before many times