Finally Happened

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hickerson, Mar 6, 2001.

1. David Hickerson

David Hickerson LawnSite Member

My workers went home for the day when I got a lat minute call to mow a prop. Decided to do the job myself. Finished the back yard to find the Echo blower and trimmer missing or should I say stolen. I wish I had a stupid dog to kick but could only kick myself for not locking them up. Those low life bottom dwellers cost me a fast $700.

Houston

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

that sucks! Why can't these morons go get a job?

3. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Dam MAN sorry to hear this maybe we should all form a group called getting the shaft by a low life ...how to take revenge,,heck last week i had a lawnsite to mow started doing the side entrance and my truck alarm started going off went to the vehicle and there were a large pair of bolt cutters next to my trailer oh well the sound must have scared them off well i now have a good pair of cutters,maybe you should buy one of thses cheap car alarms called bull dog for about $65.00 like I did at K-Mart....

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

When I first got into this business I was working for someone else. We were constantly putting blowers in the cab of the truck so we would have them when we got back from ordering burgers and such.

What we have done is to have a box fabricated and this is where we lock down our blowers/small hand tools/tool boxes/etc.

You may want to check into having some 1/4in grating welded to angle iron and then fastened to your trailer(s) as well.

I feel for you Bro. Hope this idea may help somehow.
    Kris

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I had all my 2 cycle stuff stolen out of a locked enclosed 24 foot Haulmark a few years back. Just because it is enclosed and locked, does not mean the tools are safe either. I feel for ya buddy. :mad:

[Edited by Eric ELM on 03-07-2001 at 05:12 AM]

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I know the your anger man.The people that spend their time looking for something to steal completely change the way the rest of us live.That to me that is worse than the loss of property.I pretty much have decided what ill do if.
    You holdem and Ill give him an old fashioned MAMA WHIPPING with a string trimmer.LOL TO KEEP FROM CRYING .My stihl was my buddy.GOOD LUCK TODAY

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

go check out the pawn shops in your area chanses are they may be there .and they should have the people that sold them on camera.
    dam crack heads.

8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Guess you always have to lock up your stuff.. It's a shame that you can't even make a living anymore without some derilicts ripping you off.. Good luck finding it.

9. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

The best protection if you can afford it is to have someone stay with the truck at ALL times. I know its a pain and sometimes impratical but nothing to get stolen that way. Im somewhat new so my time for mistakes is soon to come i just hope nothing gets stolen because one thing i cannot stand is a stinkin A** thief!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!

10. Tait

Tait LawnSite Member

If you have a covered trailer, add tie-downs to the floor and strap your stuff down. Then, add another tie-down right in the middle of the floor and tie a protective dog to it (i.e., Australian Shepherd or German Shepherd). Both can be trained to be very good with the family, but protective of anyone else. If the dog is in the covered trailer and has a chain just long enough to reach the back ramp, it would take a gutsy thief to stick their arm in and try to grab something.

Tait