Finally Happened....

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by N&CLandscaping, Oct 26, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well today I was using the mower on our old Ford 1976 Tractor in school and got it stuck. I backed down in a gully that looked fine and when you steped and jumped on it it was good, but then I backed in a went forward and BANG! I was stuck, it took us a good 20min to try to get it out, finally it came out. I wish I had a video camera, you should of seen my teacher tryin to get it out, mud everyware! but it was funny just thought id share that story :)

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens. My boss got a mid size Kubota stick up over it's front wheels a few years back. It was near a swamp and all of a sudden the ground gave way and he was stuck. We brought his Chevy out there and managed to get that pretty much stuck. It took a Dodge Ram diesel and a 454 Suburban to get everything out. It was fun tho. I was just happy that I didn't get it stuck. We had all three vehicles in 4 wheel low and in drive one and the tractor axles locked... one strong pull and it was all out. I wish I had a camera.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have done more than once. Usually in the spring trying to feed cattle. Or couple of times with a scraper cleaning out pens I would bury it dumping on the pile. Either JD 4020 or 4240.