Finally, I'm Flat Free!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jun 25, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope this info helps out some of ya'll with chronic flats. Here's my setup. I have foam fill tires on the front of my Toro WB. I ordered the whole wheel assembly from J-Thomas for about $40 each. I have slime in my rear tires. And the real winner is a foam filled tire on my Velke. Also ordered this assembly from J-Thomas. I must admit, I was concerned about how smooth my mower would ride with foam filled tires, but I can't tell the difference between the foam filled and normal tires. Good luck.

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

What about the drive wheels? Do they exist as well? When the tire wears out do you have to throw the whole wheel out? Sounds expensive but may be worth the inconvience. I think I read somewhere that the Wright Stander comes with foam front casters. good luck with them.
  3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Foam filled are a MUST on a Velke. I must have changed 30 !#!@#!#! flats on my velke before I wised up and got a foam filled one. I now use a rider but I still have my wb and velke for around my house and ocassional use elsewhere. I use sealant in all my tires. Not worth the hassle of fixing flats. They're not 100% effective, but they help.

I would also recommend keeping a plug kit and inflator in your truck. Also, a portable 12v power source is a lifesaver for dead batteries and allows you to use your inflator away from your vehicle.