Finally it's here and finished

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Doc Pete, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hi guy's,
    Finally got my new trailer, new truck (UGH!) to pull it, and my equipment mounted. Hope you like it.

2. Doc Pete

Trailer

trailer and truck.jpg

3. Doc Pete

Here's my stuff mounted. Total cost for mounting about $30. These clamps hold very tight without any movement and loosen by pushing the orange handle......Enjoy.....

trimmers stuff.jpg

4. Doc Pete

Mounted wackers for fast use

weed wackers.jpg

5. Doc Pete

Here's a pic from the rear......two 48's, one 54 with attached velky, one big push leaf blower.... all are held by wheel chocks for instant removal. As you can see, the front mower can come off from the custom side ramp, without taking off the other machines............
    Trailer is 7'X18'.... rear ramp and custom side ramp.......

loaded trailer.jpg

6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, nice....Now thats a sweet idea with the spring clamps as tool holders. Great!

7. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

Very nice set up. I wish I had an enclosed trailer like that.

8. Doc Pete

Thanks a lot. The key was cut 3/4" off of one clamp end. This let the 2" clamp close down to a 3/4" diameter, which in turn will "now" hold all of the smaller diameter tools. Home depot has the clamps for under $3 each.
    Pete

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Sweet set-up, I am going to be getting an enclosed next year. Would you mind sharing how much$$$? Great idea for the trimmer and tool holders.

10. Doc Pete

The total was $4,470 + tax, including break away kit, Ziebart under coating, 3/8" plywood sides, 3/4" pressure treated bottom, tandem wheels, four wheel electric brakes, two dome lights, one vent, stone guard, and of course rear ramp and custom 60” side ramp door.