Finally Made our CTL Choice!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KPS, Feb 26, 2008.

1. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Well we pulled the trigger on an 08 257B2 today. M11 package, 4 in 1 bucket, 4 YEAR/4000hr BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY. The salesman at our Cat dealer is extremely knowledgable and has been very good to deal with. I feel this is a very well built unit given a very close inspection and with that kinda warranty we have nothing to lose. The ASV dealership was just too far away and the salesman started to change his deal/story, so i didn't want to get screwed somewhere down the line with a he said she said warranty issue. Reasons we went with CAT...1) unbeatable warranty, 2) better quality, 3) closer dealership 4) better visibility IMO, 5) most importantly...MUCH SMOOTHER, RESPONSIVE, PRECISE PILOTS. Super stoked to get it to work in about 5 weeks time.

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

M-11 package ??????

Sounds like you got most of what you really wanted and a good warranty.Hopfully everything is in writing:confused:

Even with the bumper to bumper thing i would try my best to use the machine as much as possible for the things that it performs the best in and the least abuse to the track system.

I'm lucky in that most of my work is in dirt,with extreme muddy conditions off an on through out the year.So the rocky conditions is not an issue here like othesr have.Good luck with you new machine and keep us posted as to the good and the bad.:cry::usflag:

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good machine. How much did it end up costing? Also when you get it take some pics of it new and post them up.

4. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Im the only one who will operate this machine so i will be careful not to abuse it. And yes the warranty is written right on the contract. It was $54,000 + Tax and we take delivery of it in about two weeks once the bucket comes in, i will take some pics before she gets dirty. I want to get this cab glass tinted too to help keep cool in the hot summers we get here, is it a big deal to get done, do you take the glass out for them or will they do it right on the machine?

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the CAT family!!!

What's the M11 package?

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Oh and another thing, check the engine oil when you get it and keep checking it every time it gets run, Perkins engines burn a bit of oil during the first 50 hours and that is something that is overlooked during the PDI.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

$54K, that's a lot of cake. Good luck with it, hopefully the new 257's are better than the old ones. I'll never be a fan of them, though, heard too many horror stories on that particular model.

8. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

MA11 is the comfort package and option package arrangement....new system is C1, C2, C3....nothing really different from what you bought ron.

9. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

Thanks BC Ron:canadaflag:. I'm Glad to be part of the family! The undercarriage improvements are all designed with greater durability and longevity in mind. I know lots of guys here don't care for this model but for what we do with it, this cat will purr just fine. We did a demo in the fall and i immediatly loved everything about it. I will indeed keep a close eye on fluid levels, thanks for the heads up! I know the price seems high to you scag but everything just costs us more here in canada:cry:. And yes it is the C3 package.

10. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Iron Peddler are you selling any of your mtl machines with tha kind of warranty 4years/4000 hours????:usflag: