Finally Saw Uncut Grass Problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by puppypaws, Jul 6, 2006.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

We have had a lot of rain lately and this put the fescue and bluegrass combination I use to finally growing very fast and plush. I have 69 hrs. on the 28 efi 66" XR-7 and this is the first time I have ever seen any grass left uncut, it appears to be in the area where the center blade and the left side blade come together. You can believe I love this mower better than any Hustler I have previously owned and my dealer already has the kit ready to be installed. I only see this in very unique situations the kind where you are mowing and it will show up for several feet and then just disappears but the grass does not look as though it has changed consistency. It can be a little puzzling but I promise you I would go buy the same exact mower tomorrow unless they had one with a 35 efi, I have never had to much power with anything I have owned. I can now understand how the boys cutting the heavy moisture laden grass saw this problem before anyone cutting in dryer situations could because it just want show up unless you are cutting plush fast growing grass. This deck still surpasses the older decks by far in cutting and grass handling ability, I think this is a minor problem the kit will fix very easily and I was wondering if it improved anything else with the new deck such as being any different in the way it handles wet grass. I can say without doubt the 28 efi is by far the best engine I have owned on a Super Z and I have run Kawasaki's and other Kohler's but this one is a step ahead.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Puppy paws, sent you a private message about pricing in your area. Let me know if you don't get it. tacoma200

3. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the update Triangles, and a pair of updated baffles for the front. I can still see the strip from time to time.