Finally, Some Good News!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Sep 27, 2001.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

If y'all remember my post "Lost A Little Fish Today", well;

A couple of months ago, I noticed a nice church yard(with no grave yard) probably about an acre and a half, on the way to cut the property I lost. In July I mailed them a flyer, and was called to bid on it.
    I got a call this evening to send them a contract, proof of ins., and 2 references, they want me to start January of 2002.:D

Losing that one is a good thing now(this one pays 4 times as much, and is a much nicer yard, and wide and open). And is in a great location.

It sucks to lose one, but when you win one, it sure does feel good.

I also like the fact that these people "screen" who they hire.

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

congrats! I also like it when they ask for proof of worker's comp. and liability insurance... cuts some companys right out of the bidding.

3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new lawn!!! Time to take over and show your stuff. Kris i know what you mean its great hearing that these people actually check for insurance and so forth, gives a false sense of security LOL!!!

4. Congrats on getting a better account. Mark my words, you loose one, but if you do good work, you'll get a better account to replace it.

This kind of work, you're always going to loose clients for one reason or other. You know your doing good if you soon replace it.

John

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The best thing about it is an officer of the church was resp. for all the maintenance, he has been very helpful to me during this. So I didn't take it awway from any other LCOs in the area.:)

6. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

Good deal - I would suggest not using little fish for one of your references.