finally some luck my way!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HicksGroundMgt, Feb 5, 2004.

1. finally some luck that was directed towards me! went into the dealer 3 days ago to pay on the acount and just happened to ask if they had any trade-ins coming. well sure enough they had a 2000 toro 253 with a "blown motor". the dealer only wanted 700 for the machine so i tell him i'd be back in the morning. picked up the mower the next day and take it to the mechanic, (don't use the dealer's shop when you can get an ex-employee of the dealer to do labor for half rate) we start devling into the motor deeper and its not blown, its a bad coil, its hitting on one cyclinder. my mechanic goes to get a new head gasket and tells them all about the motr that isn't blown. went back to the dealer today to get a new coil and new fluids for the mower and he sarcastically/ jokingly says "don't think you're getting your 10% discount anymore". sorry to ramble but i just neede to celebrate some good luck finally.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHA thats great! I love it when things like that happen.
  3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Good job on the geat deal
  4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweeeet deal! :cool:
  5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Great deal. The one ton truck I am using I got a great deal on because the clutch was slipping. I crawled under it after I bought it, and adjusted it, I now have 2.5 years on it and the clutch is still hanging in there. It's great when things go your way.
  6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

(don't use the dealer's shop when you can get an ex-employee of the dealer to do labor for half rate)

remind me to hire your lawn guys to do the work that you would have done,,,,,,, for half price!
  7. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

good post al,
    Just wait for all the low ballers, and scrubs post to come, what goes around comes around
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

For once I agree with you.
  9. al,
    its not my guys its a mechanic, outsourced not in house. and what's wrong with that? if you could get someone with the same know-how to do the same thing that another person ins going to charge you double why would you not go with the first guy? its cost control or is that NormAl???