Finally Some Rain - Chicago!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Chris Wagner, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

So far, it's been the 7th driest spring on record! Our irrigation system is practically at full tilt and it's barely June!!

Some good storms rolling in with lots of lighting... I love ionized rain and the small extra kick it gives to turf. Plus, no one waters like mother nature!

How is everyone's lawn(s) looking?
  2. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

I know, i saw the rain and said thanks god. I almost thought we were gonna get hit by a drought. I think a dicount of mine will be if a customer has a installed system that is used on a regular basis.
  3. allenh60

allenh60 LawnSite Member

It's been raining here in Winter Haven Florida for about a week and a half now. I'm about sick of it.
  4. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Southwest Missouri is BAD DRY. Lawns around here are starting to look like August already. Glad to hear Chicago is getting it, send it south!!!!
  5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It's been raining here all spring.
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The Jet stream carrying all the wet cool weather has been farther south than usual this time of year. We have had a cool wet spring so far. Temperature dropped to a record low in 59 in the daytime last week. Up and down temps all spring 50s 60s and 80s. Looks like things will be getting back to normal this week but who knows. Yesterday it was a beautiful 85 sunny degrees. I am not complaining because its better than the usual late May drought we have.
    The warm season grasses are just getting cranked up. Mostly I have been cutting weeds.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Did ya have to break out your winter coat then Charles LOL???
  8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya and my flannel shirts too lol Almost pulled out the long johns again
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

And let's not forget the wool hat and mittens too.
  10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

The weather forecast in today's Washington Post calls for high temps in the upper 80s all week, starting today. We're going from highs in the low 70s to the upper 80s in no time at all. Oik.