finally started

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wishntexas, Mar 29, 2004.

1. wishntexas

wishntexas LawnSite Member

after much procrastination and fear i finally got busy passing out fliers. i really want to make this business work and get out of this office. what have you guys experienced in terms of return on fliers? after only one day i see now why some of you guys use door hangers. any words of encouragement will be much appreciated. :blob3:
  2. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I have only passed out about 40 flyers and have gotten about 10 calls. Do you pass them out on mail boxes, front doors or do you knock on the door and hand them to the person?
  3. wishntexas

wishntexas LawnSite Member

i've been putting them in the door. i passed out about 75 today during my lunch hour. maybe later when finances are better i'll try the door hangers.
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i knock on the door, hand the flier to the person, explain about the company and really push for taking down their name and number, they will rarely call you back. You need to be able to call them back. If they arnt home i simply slide my flier between their door knob. Works ok. havnt found anything better yet. I have handed out about 200 and have gotten maybe 10 accounts from it. If anyone knows anything better lets here it.