Finally, the new walker, with fancy seat and height adjuster!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just like a proud dad, I have to post pictures of my latest expendature... After the hi-dump debacle from Saturday (for those that know about that from my other thread) I was able to get the same machine, minus the hi-dump, and I'm pretty happy so far! This isn't my first Walker, but the last 48" I had only owned since late last summer, but it was pretty old (a 1995 model), it had a ton of new parts, and the engine only had about 1300 hours but it was using oil worse and worse and the starter was going bad. Time for an upgrade!

I know everyone and their dog has seen a damn Walker mower. Won't bore anyone with 10 pics of it from every angle, but I will show off the rapid height adjuster, something not everyone has been able to see up close.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, the bins are used, I kept them from my other unit.

[​IMG]

And, the new "large hole" screen. Could work out pretty cool, using it even when it's dry, that way some of the grass gets "discharged" while the bulk of it is caught. Should decreace the amount I have to dump by quite a bit.

[​IMG]

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Nice! I joined the Walker club this week also. I got a MB with the 42 mulch Deck.
    Does that height adjuster keep the deck pitch constant in all positions?

3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Sweat
    Ok, enough Git ir dirty now, scratch some paint:cry:

4. Martin Mowing

Martin Mowing LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Looks great! Let us know how you like the comfort seat and the height adjuster. It looks to me like it can be lowered to rest on the pins or when adjusted up it does not use the "old" pins at all and just hangs from the chains, is this correct? Is the comfort seat nicer than the suspension seat? I have been trying to decide which one I would go with.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The pins are just there for a little security. I figure if I leave them at about 2.5" if the deck handle ever does get bumped hard enough for the deck to drop it won't go all the way to the ground!

The suspension seat is NICE, but it's black vinal... Not a fan of black vinal in the summer sun :dizzy: plus the fact that it's like $700!

I can tell you one thing, don't bother getting the arm rests! I spent almost $70 for the arm rests for the comfort seat only to find out that they were totally in the way, both down and folded back. I have long arms (I'm tall), but even my helper found them to be useless...

6. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Looks nice, the larger holes in the screen will increase the air flow for those wet morning jobs or right after a rain. A key thing to have!

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics. I know Walker is a good ZTR but believe it or not I have seen very few. Never one cutting. They just don't bag here, I'm sure I could find one in Louisville or Nashville if I looked.

8. Martin Mowing

Martin Mowing LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

That is amazing, I live in a small community of roughly 20,000 people (near Wichita) and I bet there is close to ten of them running around town on trailers. Seems like every other trailer you see in Wichita has a couple of them on it.

9. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Thats great you were able to exchange the mower for one without hi dump. I have had to adjust my deck height adjusters from the dealer, not a big deal for the time it takes to install and drill and tap all the holes. I have the comfort seats too and i only use the right side armrest to lean on a little, the left is totally useless, but I need to get the armrest for my new machine because when working on slopes I find that i can hold onto them so i wont fall off. You should have been able to take them off if you lifted up the hopper and pushed the arms behind the seat and they should come right out. I used the bins for a year and got sick of that so i bought a dumping rack body and mounted a billygoat debris loader to the toungue of my trailer so I never do any lifting anymore. Also how come you didnt go with the 26 EFI? Those things barely burn a gallon per hour and the amount of power they have is unbelievable, they never bog down even when using the snowblower implement and blowing wet heavy snow. Anyways good luck with your new machine.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking mower