Finally time for graphics

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Sep 6, 2007.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Well i bought this truck going on 2 years ago and am finally getting ready to put some graphics on it. Just haven't had time, and I'm a ABM grad so its been killing me. This truck is eaisly the most visibly thing our company has save our biggest spade truck. But the rims and stack make it stand out a bit so I'm dying for somthing on it. Did all the design myself w/ my mother's help of course but planning on taking it to the graphics people next weekend for a "wrap" so before it's permanment I'll take questions, comment and concerns

2. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

I am sure it will turn out great but a few IMHO comments. As is your logo colors just do not go with the floral background at all.

I like the background its just the PINK on any kind of work truck just does not work for me.
  3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Busy Busy Busy.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The idea is great, big surface to work with. The colors, they do not work very well together. Not to be a ball buster but I don't particularily like the plant material either. I'm also looking at it from an industry perspective vs the public who will only see pretty colors.

BTW, nice rig and I want your wheels. Heck, I'll take the truck with them if you don't mind........
  5. BrandonV

well our shirts are orange hence the colius and cannas. i know from another males perspective that its "flaming" but but boss says she likes it and she's runs the show for what's hot or no so I have to go w/ her. oh, bought the truck on ebay, guy had it in KC and no CDL, or fed. inspection, put 2k on in in a year and knocked 28k off the price. I was a lucky boy
  6. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

the floral backround makes it so "busy" it is hard if not impossible to see the company name. Too much, too busy, and I beleive this is a detriment and not helpful at all,, The old story KISS>
  7. BrandonV

i showed yalls comment to mom, and all she had to say was "men" all i can say is that thanks god my ego is big enough to not take too hard a hit off this truck, i'm calling it my gay pride float. i'm hoping the graphics will also get me a little less attention from the rednecks, they come up and ask me "will it pull good?" and "is that a 5speed?"
  8. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: I think it looks great:clapping:
    I would do it to my truck but it too old, needs paint and rust repair:cry:
    but pulls my trailer so much better than the explorer:)
  9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

What about doing a water mark so that the logo stands out more? Got to do something for the logo. Even a gay guy will tell you the colors clash.......
  10. BrandonV

what do you consider a water mark? embossing?