1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finally traded in the lemon!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HulkXD, May 14, 2010.

1. HulkXD

HulkXD LawnSite Member

Well, I've posted on here about my Gravely and the problems I experienced. So after days of going back and forth with my dealership, I finally reached a consensus with them and they made me a really good deal. I am now the proud owner of a Snapper Pro S200X with the 27hp Kohler and 61" deck. I haven't got to cut with it yet, but it seems like a beast! I like the controls (crisp enough but softer than the Gravely) and it seems like it has a good balance to it. So, has anyone had any experience with these mowers? I have high expectations, seeing as they are so closely related to the Ferris IS2000.

2. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Never ran one and dont plan on it. The name snapper to me screams JUNK! Im not trying to bag on you dont get me wrong but i just remember seeing and still seeing people put around on the old snappers with the bicycle handles...

3. HulkXD

HulkXD LawnSite Member

Yeah, this is basically a Ferris without the suspension. They come off of the same assembly line. They don't have bicycle handles, either.

4. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

i have a snapper pro 150sx and I have had some problems with the cut of the deck. Dont get me wrong it cuts awesome, except for one area. the left side edge of the deck makes a piece about a half in taller when you go down and then pass back by that area with the left side again. if you understand what i mean! it looks like its about half inch taller and the strip is only about and inch wide as most, but you can definitely see the difference. it would be flat all the way across.

Other than that the mower is awesome! The dealer is trying to take care of the issue

5. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

haha thats what i think of too. the old guys in my neighborhood have them and they are extremely fugly. they dont look sturdy at all. im sure your mower is great because it is a new model, but i will always think of that old style snapper when i hear that brand name

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've used a Snapper before, it's like no other mower on the market and I think
    it's actually one of the most ingenious machines ever made.

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

You should post some pics of it. How is the cut so far?

8. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They still make that mower. Just the handle bars have changed a little. Now they're a square loop.

[​IMG]

10. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Have had a chance to put about 4 hours on my s200x demo. I absoutley love it so far. And we still sell around 30-50 of the rear engine riders a year. The old men love them.