1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

FINALLY!!! Wall pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cedarcroft, Jan 27, 2006.

1. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I figured I would start a new thread for pics of this wall as the other thread was getting a little lengthy. I finally dragged my friend out to snap some digital photos for me. The pic w/ me in it is to show scale, I am 6'4".
    Enjoy

wall1.jpg

wall2.jpg

wall3.jpg

2. cedarcroft

oh yeah, we took a picture of one of the cars on the jobsite

lamboatwall.jpg

3. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good. How many face feet was that wall ? What type block ?

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have to give you credit,

I get the feeling that some people on here talk big, then when they get called out for pics, they run and hide.

Nice job on the wall, and nice cars:)

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Cedar, do you have pics during construction. I'm not trying to be a Doubting Thomas, but I'm sure you now understand that what happens behind the wall is more important than the block itself. I like to see pics of how other guys are putting these up.

Nice looking block. Is it Anchor? Quite a slope behind it too :eek: What did you guys have for equipment on site that allowed you to get behind the wall? Walls can be a PITA when you can only work them from one side. It's almost dreamy when you can get to both sides :angel:

6. cedarcroft

the block is anchor. we had a backhoe and two skid steers on the job. it was a HUGE pain in the a$$. I have some pics on regular film of early on in the job, but never developed them yet. the highest point of the wall is 10' (actually 9.5' plus the caps) we backfilled with the skid steers and as it got higher, the backhoe. the contractor finished it and sprayed mulch, toprsoil and winter rye. the slope was serious. now that it is finished, I can honestly say that I feel it was done wrong from the start. should've been redi rock. we built it right, but with the wrong product. the contractor we subbed it for said thats what the customer wanted so thats what we did. anyway, It may take about 40 years but I will try and get some before shots up.

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

How many pulls of grid on that wall? Looks good. I too would love to see some pics of the backfill zone. How many courses are buried?

Chris

8. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

"Dreamy" huh Mark??? Are you okay buddy? Why are you using the term dreamy in reference to construction work? Just curious....there's nothing wrong with being that kind of person if that's what you're in to.

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, it looks good. What size crew did you use to install and how long did it take?

How many pulls of grid are in that wall? How long are the pulls? What equipment did you use for compaction behind the wall?

10. scaper27

scaper27 LawnSite Member

I seen them working on that. I live down the road. Looks good. Thats at the place where they fix the Mercedes and Ferraris and all. Nice job