Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Jul 7, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey all-<p>It finally happened. Last week while cutting in a high end neighborhood a lady who represents the homeowners assoc. asked me to bid the commons areas. Of course I did, and when I gave it to her all nice and bound w/ copy of insurance etc... she said WOW. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she had a bid for less than half the price, I politely said let him have it then. Two days later I got a call from the lady wanting to know if we had time to come down and redo what the &quot;lowballer&quot; had done and they would compare jobs and see if it was worth the extra $$... Needless to say we got the contract. Thats what makes a hard day worth it!!<p>Any similar stories??<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers
  2. lawnsurfer

lawnsurfer LawnSite Member

Hey way to go!:) One for the good guys. I don't understand peoples logic when it comes to saving money over spending a proportionately smaller amount for top service and no headaches. I explain to all my customers the extra they spend with me I give back with better service. It works for me too.