1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TK LC&L, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TK LC&L

TK LC&L LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am getting very jealous of you guys in the south already mowing the past few months. Looks like the weather is finally warming up here in Pennsylvania. Only have had one day over 60 so far and now next week it looks like we will be in the 70's. With the amount of rain we have been getting and the warm weather the grass should be growing fast next week.

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

We are finally getting some rain today in my area of FL, we will be in full swing very soon. We have had the warmer temps but without the rain it has been slow.
  3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Everything here out west has been growing like crazy for the last month. Today was suppose to be the busiest day of the week for me, and now it's raining. Looks like it may have rained most the night too. Taking today off is really going to throw a wrench in my gears, but nothing can be done about that. Can't fight mother nature.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Yea we have our mowers parked for today.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like I'll be playing catch-up on Saturday. Woo hoo.
  6. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

My fescue lawns are full swing.
    Still waitin on that bermuda
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Our weather is pretty similar to the OP's here in Cincinnati. Estimated start date is Monday the 15th.

Last year spoiled us.
  8. TK LC&L

TK LC&L LawnSite Member
    from PA

I plan to do some of my yards at the end of next week and then the week of the 15th mowing all of them. Trying to get some landscaping jobs done before then to stay busy. Today I removed 4 cemented poles and some bushes for a customer, but that's it.
  9. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Getting a nice hard rain right now. My pasture really needed it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We started off in the upper 40s in the South this morning. Now we are in the low 40s:cry: Raining and windy. I love the rain but this cold crud has got to go. I think this is the last of it:clapping: