1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TK LC&L, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

We're not quite near 60 yet but we will be in the 50s with some rain this weekend and next week.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Ended up doing lawns after the rain was completely done for the day. Got to the first job at 10 am, and left the last job at 8 pm. Still going to be working on Saturday by the looks of it. Two hedge trimming jobs and a cleanup that's going to take a few hours.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I guess I'm in the south here in North Carolina. All of my warm weather grasses are still dormant. We had a freeze just a few days ago and nothing turns Bermuda brown faster than a hard freeze and frost. I'm thinking that they will start greening up over the next few weeks. My season is about 6 weeks behind last year and 4 weeks behind normal. I'd done a few cuts here and there, mostly winter weeds like Henbit and Dandelion with some Poa thrown in for good measure.
  4. GRPM LLC.

GRPM LLC. LawnSite Member

Been out doing clean-ups for 2 weeks now, at least on the better weather days. Other than that I've been busy buying my new zero turn, painting my trailer to get it ready to sell, passing out post cards in near by neighborhoods, met with a new client Friday. As I told him, still 2 weeks from mowing a full schedule, may have a few early green ups that I may hit the week of the 15th. Looks real wet here most of next week, along with warmer temps will jump start things quite a bit. Thumbs Up
  5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, rain every day in the forecast for this week in SW Ohio too. Good. Grow grass, grow.
  6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

been down with a major bacterial sinus infection, but sharpening blades today, the south faceing properties have really shagged up, mowers will be singing shortly.