FINALLY !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Randy Scott, Jan 21, 2001.

1. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I went out and wheeled off my first job today to prepare a bid. Of course it's gotta be a big one to challenge me right off the bat. That's alright, no better time to learn than the present. It is just for doing granular fertilization twice a year, spring and fall.It is for the boulevards and between the road and sidewalks. I don't know if it is choice work or not, but a least it's the start, it's for a community around here so maybe if I am fortunate enough to get the work it will get me a little recognition, I know I'm getting the cart before the horse, but a little anticipation can't hurt. It turns out to be about 350,000 sq. ft. So it's pretty good sized when you add all the areas up. Just wanted to share this with you guys, that's all. Thanks.

2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats.

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Keep up the good work.

Kris

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Let us know if you get it or not.. Good luck!!

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You must have less snow than I do hey Randy?

Good Luck on the bid.

6. Randy Scott

MOW ED, there still is a fair amount of snow here, maybe a foot or so, but it's melted alot along the roads from the cars and salt, it's getting pretty dirty lookin'. It wasn't too bad to measure it all, I think I got pretty good numbers. We'll see I guess. I here there isn't too much up north either anymore.

7. Randy Scott

Oops, sorry guys. I didn't thank you for the positive feedback. Thanks ! I'll let you know what happens, good or bad.

8. Congrats, and good luck, Randy.

9. Randy Scott

Well, just to do a follow up, they accepted my proposal and I got the job. I'm pretty excited, hopefully it's a step in the right direction!

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

you're dancing .....good luck ;-)