Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sawman65, Sep 4, 2007.

1. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

did i get ya'll jd guys? dont be mad just trying to have some fun. anywho its an 86 snapper 30" i did a full resto on it but all i had was jd paint. cost around $500.00 cheeper than a new one and better it was made long before the wood block test.i needed a mower that would bush hog and make it look good so this was a no brainer

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

You almost had me believing that JD had just stolen another innovation from snapper! They have stolen so much from so many, that I almost fell for it. What's the difference between a farmer and a pigeon? A pigeon can still put something Down on a John Deere!;) ;)
  3. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

When I was a young teenager back in the day, I mowed 15-17 yards a summer with a mower just like that....well except it was red. Never had any problems with it. Talk about bringing back some memories. I had to ride that mower to every yard, pulling the push mower and holding the old hand clippers. Remember those old manual hand clippers???? I made enough money with that mower to buy my first car.
  4. sawman65

yes i remember those days these old mower are tough as nails and cheap to fix.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Surprised nobody has mentioned those little sheds and the birds in them.....
  6. sawman65

thats my other vice i raise gamefowl. and i let the grass grow real tall before i cut it.(over kneehigh) that was why i fixed up the old snapper that thing can cut that tall stuff with one pass and well you can see it looks good.too much to ask for from todays mowers.on the rest of my ten acres i got a dixie chopper this year. last year it was a ferris i miss that mower badly is2000 i use them for a year then sell them off. oh and i sell mowers for a living.i love those birds had them passed down to me from my grandad as he got them from his.
  7. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

its funny you show that and talk about mowing big stuff with it. a dealer in wichita repowered one with a 26 horse vtwin and the guy was mowing stuff so tall he couldnt see over it sitting on the mower. sure was hard to keep belts on it though.