1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finance Companys

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pickupman96, Jan 19, 2012.

1. pickupman96

pickupman96 LawnSite Member

I am trying to buy a dump trailer and was denied by sheffield. What are some other good companies that you guys use to finance equipment. Thanks for the help in advance.
  2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

G.E. Money
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I have stopped going to multiple sources and have found I get the best from my bank by doing all of my business with them. If they dealer is offering special financing then I will go with them
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

find a john deere dealer that sells them. John Deere financial will hand out money to any one. And at low rates to.

Or try Hitachi capital they are good also.
  5. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

From my experience in the past (when i had credit) sheffield was the easiest to get financing through and seemed to have the most relaxed standards. I think if you have a problem with them you may have a problem with everyone else.
  6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

How much were you putting down on the trailer perhaps if you increased the amount sheffield would reconsider the loan. Iv had 2 loans with them I personally do not like them they are not consistent in their reporting standards. In my case I paid on time and paid it off there is not one mention of the loan on my credit so much for that helping my score. My partners loan same time did get reported. He also cosigned for his loser brother who did not make timely payments but none the less paid it in full. They couldn't wait to report that and smear my partners 800 point plus credit score.
  7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats not so......I was turned down by sheffield many times, and during those times, I was approved by GE capital, Wells Fargo financial, John Deere Financial, Citi financial (Staples, Office Depot) Sams Club (now Ge capital)

Sheffield approved a mower loan beginning of last season finally. Should be easier now that they have approved me once.

Key is to make payments consistently ON TIME. That is the key...ON TIME. Even if you only make the minimum payment.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Most are business only (Duns), a couple require personal guarantee. I had a fight with the phone company over advertising a couple of years ago which resulted in a bad mark on my business credit, but it hasn't affected me much because I keep everything else current. Ive since worked out an agreement with the phone company and its paid now too. I will NEVER advertise with the phone book again......EVER. New reps every year, most not knowing what they are doing. I don't even use a landline anymore, they pissed me off so bad. But thats a matter for another thread.

You need credit to run a business. Build it up and use it right.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member