finance tracking

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ffemtlawnboy, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ffemtlawnboy

ffemtlawnboy LawnSite Member

alrighty boys, still pretty new around here. but does anyone have a line on some free software to track business finances as well as create invoices and such? i have quicken already, but it is only the personal program. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. ffemtlawnboy

okay. its been a couple of days now and i see the post has been viewed, no suggestions??? office systems has had several replies. and like was posted in that thread,

"It amazes me that threads here will go for 10-12 pages about Echo vs Redmax, and you can't get a response about something that actually is important in building and maintaining a successful business."

3. don't be cheap buy quickbooks software, my software is just as important or as any piece of equipment I got.

4. Lower Cape Lawn

Lower Cape Lawn LawnSite Member

quickbooks the only way to go.

5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Software is just as important as your mower. I use lawnpro and before that I used invoices delux its about 40 bucks.

6. ffemtlawnboy

thank you guys for posting. has anyone used quickbooks online????

7. Lower Cape Lawn

Lower Cape Lawn LawnSite Member

i've seen it and played with it a little. a friend of mine who owns a couple of bars tried didn't like it much. lacked some of the functionality that the desk top version had. i like having all my data with me on my system. but thats just me. good luck!

8. ffemtlawnboy

definitly see your point on that. the thing i'm looking at is i am a career ff/emt and the days i am at the station i would like to be able to do my invoicing then. what type of functions does the online version lack before i make a decision.